a replacement shell for Windows XP's explorer.exe
October 4th 2007
1.01 is here! These are some of the changes/new features
Plus some other goodies, check it out and email me with any questions/comments! (email@example.com)
Also, I did some testing on Vista and most things work, so if anyone has a copy and wants to help, let me know.
- multi-threaded file search
- desktop drag and drops are now done in a seperate thread
- minor code refactoring
- clean exiting to explorer on unhandled exceptions
- improved user feedback on file copy times
- bug fixes and minor tweaks with the file browser and desktop
- alt-tab from fullscreen apps now works
- improved UI for the process control
August 11th 2007
Added the usage guide in the docs link. 1.01 should be up soon, working on a file search tool and some bugfixes.
August 9th 2007
Nanoshell 1.0 beta is released! It's been a long time in the works, and I'm happy to finally get the code accessible to the public.
Here's a few screen shots. They're not full res, but it should give you an idea what it does. Go ahead and give it a spin, let me know what you think. grab the files